Monday, May 4, 2015

Fiberlandia - 2015 SAQA Conference

Wired Wildflower, 6"x8"
The annual Studio Art Quilt Associates (SAQA) conference was held in Portland, Oregon this year.  For me the conference started with meetings on Thursday, April 30th and finished up Sunday, May 3rd with a panel of Oregon and Southwest Washington artists.

Artists and collectors from around the country and the world participated.  It was wonderful to see and hear from artists I know from their books and work and reputations, and to share the experience with friends.  The weather was gorgeous.  The speakers addressed diverse and interesting subjects.  The food was delicious.

On Saturday there was a "Spotlight Auction" of donated 6"x8" quilts to benefit SAQA.  My piece, "Wired Wildflower", features a flower constructed of wire stitched to a free-pieced block made from scraps purchased at quilt shops in Michigan in 2013 and solid fabrics.  I was thrilled to meet the purchaser of my quilt.  And, I was the lucky winner of Joan Dyer's "Celebration" and Lisa Walton's "Mottainai #2".




No comments:

Post a Comment