Thursday, June 5, 2014

Fabric Scrap Twine and Photos from the Road

Last month my sister-in-law sent me this link to her new craft past time, making fabric scrap twine;  a great way to use fabric scraps.  I was in Central Oregon for a week-long workshop, with Jean Wells at the Stitchin' Post in Sisters, Oregon.  By the time I went to bed that night I had several yards of twine made from stowed away bins of fabric scraps.  By the end of the week there were many balls of colorful twine, much of the twine wrapped around pine cones.  Fun!
Fabric Scrap Twine and Black Butte Quilt-let from Jean Wells' workshop
Fabric Scrap Twine on pinecones and spools
The start of a Fabric Scrap Twine bowl
These photos were taken when traffic was stopped for road construction.  Love the colors and textures and composition.  The up-side of a road construction delay; on a normal traffic day I'd zoom past this field without noticing it.
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I've got to try that twine some time. Your bowl is especially lovely!

    ReplyDelete