Sunday, May 26, 2013

Curves and More Quilt

I made this piece last summer in Hilde Morin's Curves & More Quilters Affair class in Sisters, Oregon.  I'd been wanting to take this class from Hilde for years, and it was great!  
See Hilde's beautiful work in the Curves Gallery at her website.
After class, I couldn't decide what to do next with the curves quilt, and it was placed in the pile to be worked on later.
The curves quilt went up on the design wall in January and it became the foundation of my quilt for a Central Oregon SAQA group project.  I finished the original curves quilt with a facing, then a blue border was added and I hand-stitched them to a separate backing quilt.  
(The photo above was taken before the hand-stitching was done.)
There was a lengthy "audition" process to decide on both the border fabrics and the backing quilt fabric.
I love the look of the hand-stitching through all the layers in long curvy lines.
Placement, size and color of the circles kept changing.
Some appliqued circles were replaced with hand-sewn circles to keep more of the curvy lines visible.
The finished quilt. 


1 comment:

  1. It's really great! I love that outer blue line. So nice to see it in person too!

    ReplyDelete