Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Projects: Quilt Companions and an Angel

The doll on the left is the one I made to order for Kristin; it is crafted with scraps from the quilt Kristin pieced in the retreat we participated in together.  The angel on the right was made last year and features wire and beaded hair and angelina film wired wings.  This photo was taken during a sunny moment on a mid-March day.  The dolls sparkled brightly in the sunlight.

Before I sent Kristin's Quilt Companion doll to her, she needed a little something special.  As the doll stood there waiting to be packaged up, I remembered that the quilt Kristin had been working on at the retreat had baskets on it.  A basket - built of wire and fabric - with a heart in it was the perfect touch.  Kristin blogged about her doll here

Barbara sat at the other end of the long table I sat at during the retreat.  Barbara's Quilt Companion doll is constructed from scraps of fabric from her colorful quilt which featured dogs and flowers.

This Quilt Companion flower was also made from Barbara's scraps.  Butterflies on the petals, and dog bones on the white fabric.

This Quilt Companion dog was made to go with Barbara's doll.  Its spool body is wrapped in black and white fabric.  Very cute.

2 comments:

  1. Aack! The heart had fallen out and I did see it, but I'm not sure where it is now. I think it may still be in the box. I just love that you made the dog companion for Barbara's doll. How cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt companion dolls are wonderful! No wonder everyone was so taken with them.
    Love the colourful, joyful, quilts you have been making. Off to check out the links to other peoples quilts too...the randomness of the blocks/strips really appeals to me.

    Jacky

    ReplyDelete