Friday, April 16, 2010

Fabric Postcards and a 15"x15" Quilt

This week I sent off four 4"x6" fabric postcards for the Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show Wish Upon a Card event.  An old pair of my jeans is the base fabric for these postcards.  The fabric hearts were cut with a sizzix die cut machine and are attached with steam-a-seam 2.  Most of the stitching is done by machine.  I made the charms following Alma de la Melena Cox's basic Telamadera Fusion process for making wood and fabric art.  The charms are attached with a little wirework and beading.  
 




This 15"x15" quilt was made to celebrate the 15th birthday of the Quiltart mailing list.  I pieced the green and yellow section of the quilt last fall from hand-dyed fabric scraps as an experiment.  The other fabrics are batiks I picked up at a local quilt shop last year.  Pieced and quilted by machine, with some hand quilting... more quilting and embellishment yet to come.


A closer look.

No comments:

Post a Comment