Saturday, May 11, 2013

"Make Your Mark" Art Quilt Retreat


Two years ago I attended a week long Jean Wells art quilting retreat at the Stitchin' Post in Sisters, Oregon.  I pieced this quilt, Red Bloom, at the retreat, and finished it in August 2011.  

At the retreat there was so much talent and experience in the room, each person working on their own unique quilt project.  Before class I carefully chose a quilt idea I thought would be simple enough for me to do.  My idea turned out to be a challenging one - fortunately nobody told me that until after I was almost done with piecing.  Everybody at the retreat was so supportive and inspiring - it was a wonderful environment to learn and work in.

I just finished another week long retreat, Making Your Mark, with Jean.  Many of the participants from the retreat two years ago were also at this week's retreat.  It was good to catch up with friends and to get to know others better.  We learned and explored various types of surface design, and I spent one whole day stamping fabric and paper with rubber stamps I created myself!  Now it is time to incorporate the stamped fabric into the quilts I will be showing at the Sisters Outdoor Quilt show in July.

1 comment: